Administration and Management
K. R. Narayanan National Institute of Visual Science & Arts is an innovative venture in professional film /audio-visual training and a research centre of international standards established by the Government of Kerala at Thekkumthala in Kottayam District.
The rapid developments in the field of visual media with its wide scope and potential, has opened up wide opportunities in the creative world. The purview of this medium has been extending to various faces of human life day by day. But, India is yet to emerge as a leader in this area, mainly due to lack of expertise and exposure to the latest developments in the technological aspects of film-making and digital arts. Providing quality training and fine tuning talented and qualified hands may be the answer to this problem. India is a country with rich, deep-rooted traditions in art and culture. With the exposure to global concepts and a deeper knowledge of the technological advances worldwide, better training methods at par with international standards needs to be developed. It is in this regard that the Government of Kerala conceived the idea of establishing a National Institute of Visual Science & Arts in the name of the late Shri. K.R. Narayanan, the former President of India.
The Institute consists of a Governing Council comprising key officials and experts from different areas of expertise in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Institute. The general superintendence, control and administration of the Institute vests with the Governing Council consisting of the following members:-
- Chief Minister, Kerala State- Chairman
- Minister for Higher Education, Kerala State- Co-Chairman.
- Member of Parliament, Kottayam –Member.
- Local MLA – Member
- Additional Chief Secretary (Higher Education)-Member.
- Secretary, Finance Department- Member
- Chairman of the Institute- Member
- Two expert members to be nominated by the Chairman, Governing Council.
- Two expert members to be nominated by the Co-Chairman, Governing Council
- One expert member to be nominated by the local MLA.
- One expert member to be nominated by the Secretary of the Institute.
- Director of the Institute – Member Secretary
Who we are
Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan
Chairman, Governing Body
Dr. KT Jaleel
Co-Chairman, Governing Body
Dr. Usha Titus IAS
Principal Secretary Higher Education Department